Every week 140,000 hard drives crash in the United States. (Mozy Online Backup)
Turn on and off Windows features by clicking Start, typing features and press enter. In the Programs and Features window on the left-hand column click Turn Windows features on or off and in the Windows Features box check or uncheck the features you want enabled or disabled.
You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.
60% of companies that lose their data will shut down within 6 months of the disaster.
To change the name of multiple files at once highlight all the files you want to rename in Windows Explorer and press the F2 key. Type in the new name you want to use for all files and press enter. Once done all files will be renamed to the name entered followed by a unique number.
I attribute my success to this: I never gave or took any excuse.
34% of companies fail to test their tape backups, and of those that do, 77% have found tape back-up failures.
All programs can be pinned to the Taskbar and allow easy access to your favorite programs without having to use the Start Menu. To Pin a program to the Taskbar right-click on the program or shortcut to the program and in the menu choose the Pin to Taskbar option. Alternatively you can also drag the icon to the Taskbar.
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference.
The Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for designing, implementing, troubleshooting, analyzing and maintaining the IT Infrastructure of internal and external customer environments. This includes network connectivity and utilization, Windows server administration, virtualization, performance tuning, backup and restoring. In addition, identification, researching, and resolving technical problems individually and as part of the team. Maintain documentation of client networks and systems. Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks, and provides support for escalated trouble tickets.
JOB TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation as it relates to server and network topology, equipment, and configuration(s)
- Create project plans, design, and implement solutions
- Level 2 and Level 3 Support for problems identified with systems and network. Will act as an escalation for Level 1 and Level 2 Managed Services support technicians
- Create, request, and present technical specifications and requirements for purchasing of new servers and networking equipment via quote procedure
- Participate in after-hours upgrades, troubleshooting, and/or on-call availability as needed
- Standard system administration duties including server install, System/Application install and patch management, Windows OS problem determination and resolution, log analysis, etc.
- Configure, test, and maintain LAN equipment and services, including switches, routers, firewalls and VPN. Cisco and Sonicwall a plus
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve network problems including network connectivity, traffic utilization, etc. using available network tools in a timely fashion
- Provide Infrastructure services in all areas needed: storage networking, Operating System, network security, Exchange, directory services, server virtualization using system backup and restore, system and network monitoring, application installation and configuration
- Assist with monthly reports, and recommendations for Managed Services Clients
- Interface with third party vendors as liaison between client and vendor
- Utilize superior customer service skills
- Stay current with system information, changes, and updates
- Ability to work outside of normal business hours
- Additional duties and responsibilities upon request
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Candidates are team players with excellent communication skills and have the ability to manage assignments independently. The ideal candidate will have a nurturing personality and the desire to help in the development and mentoring of level 1 & 2 technicians.
- 5-10 years of prior IT experience. Prior experience working for a service provider is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve successful outcomes in handling difficult situations and work with various customers and management levels.
- Demonstrated analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Shows initiative and acts independently to resolve problems.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and follow through on projects to completion.
- Works effectively both as a team member and independently.
- Effectively utilizes tools to resolve issues and escalates appropriately.
- Network configuration, monitoring, and troubleshooting experience are a must.
- Experience working with Windows 2003-2012, VMware, SBS Server, Storage Technologies
- Microsoft certifications a plus
- VCP certification a plus
- CCNA certification a plus
- Hands on experience with Wired and Wireless networking, PC and server virtualization software, virus protection, backup systems.
- Proven background of providing great customer service.
- Ability to work independently, prioritizes existing projects, and proactively determine areas requiring additional attention, monitoring, or maintenance.
- Strong documentation skills
To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com.