Project Fi is a virtual mobile network, owned by Google. It uses technology partners to help mobile customers connect to the best available Wi-Fi and 4G LTE networks at any given time. The project Fi partners include Sprint, T-Mobile, and U.S. Cellular to provide services in specific parts of the country. An updated coverage map can be viewed online.
Supported Devices and Pricing
Project Fi is available on smartphones that work with the Project Fi SIM card, which supports multiple cellular networks. This includes the Nexus 6P, Nexus 5X and Nexus 6 devices. Basic Fi plans start at $20/month and offer the following features:
- Unlimited domestic talk and text.
- Unlimited international texts.
- Wi-Fi tethering to use your phone as a hotspot.
- Access cellular coverage in 135+ countries and destinations.
- Mobile data is priced at $10 for 1-GB, however, credit is given for unused mobile data amounts on your next bill.